Beware. It looks as if the speed cushions are going in. The New 20mph zone comes into force on the 17 Feb 2020.
Harrow Council are currently consulting on a proposed Northern Cycle Route scheme.
The Northern Cycle Route scheme proposals aim to provide a safer, more direct and more attractive cycle connection between Pinner, Hatch End, Headstone and Edgware. The proposals are a mixture of segregated, advisory and quiet sections of route.
In the Pinner area the only change to the current physical roads and footways (pavements) lay out and parking restrictions would be:
Barrow Point Avenue / Woodhall Avenue:
The existing unregistered land connecting Woodhall Avenue, Barrow Point Lane and Barrow Point Avenue is currently used by pedestrians. In the interest of general public, the council proposes to provide a 2.5m wide shared use footway for use by pedestrians and cycles. Double yellow “no parking at any times” parking restrictions would be installed at the dead end of Woodhall Avenue.
The proposals include clearing off unnecessary vegetation and provide bollards to prevent vehicle access across the two roads. The proposal will provide a key connection on the proposed cycle route connecting Pinner and Uxbridge Road.
The Public Consultation continues up to the 14th of February and the link to the Harrow Council consultation website is: https://consult.harrow.gov.uk/consult.ti/northcycle/consultationHome
Do you have some spare time to help?
The voluntary role includes:
- Delivering the Villager magazine three times a year to the Collectors.
Busy periods are March, July & November
- Alternatively training your collectors to Collect their Villagers from you
- Ensuring that all the subs are eventually collected and keeping a record of the subs, which the Collectors will have paid into the Bank. (You do not have to handle the money.)
- Also a car is really essential as distributing several hundred Villagers can be a weighty task.
Nice to have
- Having a computer is an advantage.
If you are interested or would like more information Email [email protected] or Phone Jill 020 8868 5795
For those of you that are interested in the development of Waxwell Lane Car Park. Attached is the latest news from the developer ACMC of the site.
If you are interested in taking part in the anual wheelbarrow race or volunteering as a steward. Please get in touch with the Pinner Rotary Club. The good news is that the course is a lot shorter than the London Marathon.
Notice is hereby given under Rule 5 of the Constitution that the 88th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the PINNER ASSOCIATION will be held in the Village Hall, Chapel Lane, Pinner, on Wednesday 22nd April 2020 at 8pm.
- Minutes of the 86th AGM held on 17 April 2019 (as published on pages 67 to 75 of The Villager No.244)
- Matters arising
- The Chairperson’s report
- Treasurer’s report and adoption of accounts for the year ended 31 December 2019 (as published on pages 75 to 77 of The Villager No.246)
- Election of President
- Election of Chairperson
- Election of Officers and Committee
- Vote of thanks to and election of the Independent Examining Accountant for the current year
- Any other business.
The Association welcomes nominations for Officers and the Committee. These must be made in writing, supported by a seconder, having obtained the permission of the proposed nominee, and sent to the Chairman or Secretary (addresses on page 3 of The Villager Magazine) at least one week before the AGM. Any prospective nominee is invited to email:
or refer to the Charity Commission website:
for further information about the role of a trustee of a Registered Charity.
It would also be helpful if any questions could be notified to the Secretary in advance.
The formal business of the AGM will be preceded by a talk on the work of the Harrow Food Bank and followed by an Open Forum.