NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN HARROW LIBRARIES – FOR INFORMATION
Changes agreed at Harrow Council Meeting on 6th June.
- The Civic Centre Library is to close end of July and merge into Gayton Library (in St John’s Road) some time in August.
- The local History Collection will move to the Headstone Manor Museum and will reopen later, by appointment only.
- Harrow Libraries have new public use computers. After a service upgrade, reference resources, magazines and newspapers will all be available online both in the libraries and on home computers free on a proposed new services called Zinio.
- The council is looking at commissioning out the libraries to a non-profit making company, with a saving of several £100,000s. The service would be closely monitored.
- A new library system is planned which will enable Harrow to join the London Library Consortium so that library members will have access to over 5 million items.