Yes, I’m late. Birthday celebrations and at last being able to see my father for the first time since February got in the way.
This week saw the announcement that the annual Band Concerts in the Park that we organise have been cancelled. For those of you that missed the post – this is why.
“Unfortunately we have made the tough decision to cancel this year’s Band Concerts. Harrow Council has banned all events on public land for the foreseeable future. The Bands wouldn’t be able to practice and lastly we took a pragmatic view that when the lockdown is eased, it might be a while before large gatherings are again permitted. Don’t worry, like Pinner Fair, this is a one off occurrence. Hopefully normal service will continue next year and we can all enjoy music wafting across the park.”
On the business front
- Daisy’s In the Park have reopened 7 days a week so that those of using the park can now have a take-away. Please remember to take the rubbish home with you if the bins are full.
- Foodiewuwdies have re-opened be it reduced hours but its good so see them return.
- The Heath Robinson Museum shop is now operating again on-line.
- Smart Guys Professional Dry Cleaners are open with reduced hours but these might be extended in the future.
- Pinner News once again raised their shutters for business, so those of you that have been trying to pay your bills can pop down to the shop in the morning.
- CC Vassar have also extended their opening hours, this will be a relief to those that aren’t good at getting up early in the morning.
- Pinner Green MOT Centre are operating as well as West End Lane Motors
For all the latest times visit our COVID-19 section of the website
If you spot any differences of business trading hours please let me know. Thanks