Dear Watch Member,
With Black Friday and Christmas fast approaching there will be increased parcel deliveries to many households across Pinner.
Not only do unattended parcels attract opportunist thieves, they can also indicate to burglars that a home is unoccupied.
Reduce the risk of doorstep parcel theft with these tips:
- track your parcel to ensure you or someone else is at home for the delivery;
- install a video doorbell; this can be connected to your mobile so you are notified immediately of any delivery, and is easier to install than a full CCTV system;
- install a security light;
- arrange for your parcel to be delivered to a trusted neighbour, or other family members who will be at home; if you live in a flat, is there a concierge who could accept the parcel for you?;
- use an off-site locker service for frequent deliveries, or for expensive items; these parcel boxes are more likely to be in busy, safer locations – such as supermarkets – rather than secluded areas which could be targeted by thieves.
For more home security advice go to: www.met.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/.
If you need to reply regarding this message, tap on this email address: [email protected]
Pinner Safer Neighbourhood Team
Email: [email protected]