We operate with 16 Fire Cadets per unit per academic year, with each unit running from 6pm to 9pm one evening per week. Harrow unit will run on a Monday evening starting in January
1. 90 Cadets and Volunteers have progressed onto employment within the London Fire Brigade.
2. A further 10 Fire Cadets and Volunteer Cadet Instructors have progressed onto employment with other Fire & Rescue Services.
3. Over 2,000 young people have passed out as Fire Cadets since our creation.
4. We’ve played key roles in Firefighter Memorial events, Remembrance Sunday parades, the London Marathon, the London Fire Brigade Carol Concert, Queen’s Golden Jubilee and London Fire Brigade training exercises.
5. Work closely with our Youth Organisations in Uniform (YOU) partners including the Volunteer Police Cadets, all branches of the Military Cadets, St John Ambulance, and the Scouting/Guiding Network.
What happens at Cadets?
Fire Cadets main purpose is to develop the key transferable life skills every young person needs to achieve and succeed in life:
6. Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
8. Positive Community Action