Pinner Association have received notification of two planning applications for placing advertising Banners on the lampposts in Marsh Road between East Cote Road and Station Approach and Bridge Street plus part of Love Lane up to Bishops walk. These will be the same size as those used for the London 2012 Olympics.
Harrow Council is planning to rent out the banners for commercial advertising.
If these applications are passed we are uncertain whether we will be able to erect the Christmas Lights as we have been informed that it is advertising banners OR lights – not both.
We are also concerned about:
- The excessive street cluster and the fact that they could be a distraction to drivers etc.
- It would hide existing signage for Car Parks and Heath Robinson Museum.
- The flowers baskets currently on the lamp posts would need to be permanently removed.
- Loss of view for CCTV cameras.
If you wish to add your comments the planning applications are
- P/3752/18 – Bridge Street
- P/3753/18 – Marsh Road
There are similar planning applications for lamppost banners in North Harrow, Hatch End, and Rayners Lane.