Dear Watch Member,
We would remind residents to take care to protect their homes from burglaries as the clocks go back on Sunday 29th October 2023.
There are some key things you can to do to keep your home secure this autumn:
- Make sure your home is secure when leaving by locking all doors and windows.
- Keep a light on if you go out especially during evening hours, or invest a plug light timer switch.
- Never leave your keys and valuables within view or reach of windows and letterboxes.
- Always lock your front door from inside – especially UPVC front doors that have handles even if you are home.
- Check your outside lighting is in good working order and replace any faulty equipment.
- Look out for your neighbours, if something doesn’t seem right, call police on 999.
If you need to reply regarding this message, tap on this email address: [email protected]
Communications Officer and VAWG Lead
Email: [email protected]