Yes, I know that it is hot and the only thing that you want to do is relax in the shade.
Have you thought of running a half Marathon?
The Harrow Half Marathon organised for its second year by Harrow AC is taking place on Sunday 16th September 2018.
The turning point for this is going to be the top of the High Street in Pinner … where we are likely to have a water station.
If you are interested visit http://harrowhalfmarathon.co.uk
You might have noticed that our website has slowly been grinding to a halt. I did.
We are currently upgrading our website so that it runs faster and hangs less.
Although it is has been tested, you might come across something behaving a bit strangely. Do let me know. Either email [email protected] or leave a comment.
Thanks for your patience.
Traffic Lights will be in operation between 25 – 29 June near the entrance to Little Common. This is so that essential gas works can be carried out.
To see on the map – click the link below.
Elm Park Road, Pinner, Harrow
The residents of 12 Haywood Close would like to send a Big thank you to every one who attended their recent Open Garden Day.
They had 234 visitors in 3 hours and raised a total of £1682 for the various charities that the NGS support, this included £350 from plant sales for Breast Cancer now.
They said “We would like to thank any residents for their support.”
(Sorry I’ve got no photos of the garden)
Additional car parks can be found in Chapel Lane, Love Lane and Waxwell Lane. These are all pay and display Car parks.
I have spoken to the organisers. The Majors of Harrow, Hillingdon will be there as well as other dignitaries.
They look forward to welcoming you.
This event is organised by “Iron Aid Foundation”
Every year Pinner Association organise Band Concerts in Pinner Memorial Park. This year the dates are 29 July, 5, 12, & 19 August
Are you able to help?
We are looking for people to help with setting up the marquee and/or taking the marquee down.
This is at 10:30am and/or approx. 4:30pm and takes just over 1 hour.
We are also looking for stewards to help during the concerts. This is between 2:00 and 4:30.
If you are able to help even for 1 session please let me know by emailing [email protected].
Thank you for your help
Did you know that we have volunteers that help maintain the gardens at Pinner Tube Station?
In their own words:-
Since taking over doing the donkey work last year, and in consultation with TfL they have been involved in some heavier work:-
- reducing the height of shrubbery to provide clear camera site lines;
- ensuring the PINNER signs were not obscured;
- cutting back foliage so that it did not go too far beyond the garden boundaries to provide a trip hazard;
- clearing overgrown foliage to expose “buried” treasures
and some more pleasant work:-
- moving plants to positions where they would be better appreciated;
- planting new plants to replace fatalities;
- planting bulbs (some of which are showing now).
In my discussions with Donal, I also agreed a longer term strategy:-
- move “prickly” plants to the back of the border and softer plants to the front;
- increase the number of fragrant plants (it seems the passengers love the lavender, but most of this is tired and dying)
- aim to create a low maintenance border (replace rampant shrubbery with more restrained plants).
Thank you to the volunteers that help make Pinner a more pleasant place.
Eid in The Park is being held in Pinner Memorial Park either on the 15th or 16th June. This is to celebrate the end of Ramadan.
From the information passed to us by Harrow Council who have granted permission for the park to be used:
- The expected attendance is 400 people.
- A large marquee will be erected on the 13th and will be marshalled overnight by accredited security officers.
- A PA system will be used for approximately 1 hour for the prayers. The event will run for approx. 3 hours in total.