Last night a meeting was held in the Methodist Church Hall about the future of Waxwell Lane car park.
To summarise, the following options were displayed and the Council’s architects thoughts are below:-
- Keep the whole car park – Dismissed
- Build 8 –9 dwellings with 66 parking spaces retained – under consideration
- Build 18 –20 dwellings with 46 parking spaces retained – under consideration
- Build 30 – 32 dwellings with 21 parking spaces retained – under consideration
- Build 38 – 40 dwellings with no parking spaces retained – Dismissed
It is now official that the Harrow Council intend to build homes for commercial rent on at least a portion the car park, but the number and type of dwellings, and possibly some office spaces or other uses, and the proportion of the site to be retained as car parking, to include disable parking spaces, is still to be decided. A part of the Residents’ Reference Group was formed from volunteers attending last evening’s meeting and they are to be regularly consulted on what number, type and style of dwellings / buildings are to be planned for the site.